Saturday, May 28, 2011

Healthy Highway "Driver of the Year!"

Hi everyone,
I am so excited and I have so much to tell you! Let me start at the beginning........last week on Monday, Mrs. Cooper, the creator of Healthy Highway came to stay at Mrs. R's house the night before our big assembly! Mr. R. made a great dinner with grilled chicken in a healthy salad of lettuce, tomatoes, green and orange peppers, carrots, and almonds! Mrs. Cooper loved it! (me too!) Mrs. R. and Mrs. C. talked about how much we had accomplished during our first year of Healthy Highway at North Park! They even talked about some ideas for next year! We were all very excited about the assembly that was going to take place on Tuesday! It was to be a celebration of our first year on the Healthy Highway and an introduction of our last road for this year - "Victory Lane". Mrs. R. showed the boys and girls a picture of a race car driver in Victory Lane after winning a race. She said that it was hard to pick out the driver because he was celebrating with everyone in his Pit Crew. I learned that it's important to have a Pit Crew to help you be successful! Mrs. R. asked the boys and girls who was in their Pit Crew and they had great answers! They said that their parents, teachers, friends, and family were all a part of their Pit Crew! I thought about my Pit Crew and I am so lucky to have Mr. and Mrs. R., Mrs. C., and everyone at North Park in my Pit Crew! Miss H. also reminded the boys and girls to cheer for those who had the courage to do the right thing. Then, something amazing happened! Mrs. C. gave me a special award. She gave me the Healthy Highway "Driver of the Year" Award! I was so surprised! I even got a new Healthy Highway shirt to wear! On the back it says "What's in YOUR fuel tank?" I also met a new friend - "Baking Bella". She is from Rochester and goes to a school where Mrs. C. used to teach. That's us in the picture! After my award was given, Mrs. R. got a new shirt just like mine and everyone at North Park got a special award too! They received the Healthy Highway "Green Light to Good Health Award"! Everyone was so proud! Next, we saw a slide show that had pictures of our Healthy Highway activities this year and I was in many of the pictures! Finally, we danced! Mrs. C. danced with us too and taught us a few new moves! We had a ball! It was a great day! The pictures of our assembly will be up on the North Park Website soon! I can't wait to see what we are going to do next! I LOVE Healthy Highway! Love, Fitness Frankie