Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fitness Frankie's Weekend Adventure!

Hi everyone,
Mrs. R. is letting me go home with some of the adults at North Park during May so that I can exercise and eat healthy foods with them! This past weekend I went home with Mrs. B. for the weekend. I was quite a busy bear! On Friday night I went to a track meet in New Paltz to watch Mrs. B's boys Michael and Ryan run. I even traveled across the Mid-Hudson Bridge and I was able to see some boats in the Hudson River. When I was at the track meet I was able to run in one of the races. I did not come in in the top five for my race, but I really did try my best. While I was at the track meet I even saw Alexa from Mrs. F's class! It was fun to see someone I knew from school. Then on Saturday morning I was able to go to gymnastics with Olivia, Mrs. B's daughter. I had a great time there too! Olivia's teachers helped me to hang from the bar both by my hands and then upside down. I have to admit, hanging upside down was a little scary. The best part of gymnastics was jumping across the tumble track (that's kind of like a trampoline) with Olivia. She held my hands and made sure that I jumped safely. Finally, on Sunday I went to the baseball field to watch Michael and Ryan play two games of baseball. When I was at the games I was actually able to take a few turns trying to hit the ball, but that is hard work. To take a break I spent some time running around and then sitting on the bleachers to watch the game. After I was done I actually went home to enjoy a little nap. I can't wait to see where my next set of adventures will take me! I LOVE Healthy Highway! Love, Fitness Frankie