Monday, June 27, 2011

Fitness Frankie's Adventure with Mrs. K's English Language Learners!



Hi everyone,

I spent a week with Mrs. K, her family, and the English Language Learners at North Park! It was very exciting! These students are from different countries and are working very hard to learn English! After learning the names of common electric appliances, fruits, and vegetables, the students tasted a variety of fruits and vegetables and used some of the appliances! We made fresh tomato salsa with tomatoes, onions, garlic, avocados, lime juice, salt, pepper, and tortilla chips. Salsa is a very healthy snack! We mixed the ingredients using a food processor. I tried some of the delicious fresh tomato salsa and chips! All of my friends and I ate together and we also tried Brussels sprouts, and artichoke hearts. Mmmmm! They were YUMMY! My friends tell me that they all had a great time with me! I had a great time with them too! I LOVE Healthy Highway! Love, Fitness Frankie