Monday, February 27, 2012

Fitness Frankie's Adventure in Mrs. B's and Mrs. S's Class!

Hi everyone,
     My very first day in Room 3 was the 100th day of school and boy, did I have fun!  All of our activities that day centered on the number 100.  Our morning read aloud was called The 100th Day of School.  We counted to 100 by 2, 5, 10, and 25!  At the  end of the day, we visited different theme stations and made 100th day trail mix (yum!) and 100 bead necklaces.  What a busy day!

     Day 2 was Valentine's Day and I have never felt so loved!  In the morning, all of the children and teachers decorated our very own mailboxes to hold our cards.  That's mine in the picture!  In the afternoon, each child shared a Secret Valentine letter that they had written about a classmate.  There were lots of smiles on the faces of the children as they listened to the kind words of their classmates.  After that, we exchanged Valentine's Day cards and had a party before we went home.  I had such a fun day and loved reading all of the cards that the children made for me.

     During the rest of the week I learned about turn around facts and 3D shapes.  I also learned about adjectives and came up with some adjectives to describe my friends in Room 3:  kind, helpful, funny, smart, caring, hardworking and diligent.  I also learned about President's Day.

     Over the long weekend I went home with Mrs. B and relaxed.  We went to the gym every day to keep fit.  I also helped Mr. B wallpaper the bathroom!  

     The next week was a busy one.  I spent time learning about Economics and how we earn and spend money.  I also learned about needs and wants and supply and demand.  We made collages, played games, designed a homework machine and watched a video called the Lorax.

     The children and teachers took good care of me.  They fed me healthy snacks like strawberries, apples, granola bars, pretzels, and carrots.  I especially enjoyed going to a different special each day.  During PE class I watched the second graders while they worked on their PE portfolio.  This portfolio is very special because it has all of the work that the children have been doing this year to learn and get fit during PE!  It will go home with the children at the end of the school year.  I bet their families will be so proud of them!

     I wonder where I will spend next week?  I LOVE Healthy Highway!

Love, Fitness Frankie