Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Exercise Ernie's Week in Mrs. F's and Mrs. B's Class!

Hi everyone,
     I got to spend time recently in Mrs. F's and Mrs. B's classes!  This is one really big class with two teachers and we had so much fun!  While I was there, I learned some Math!  I helped my first grade friends how to measure using "non-standard" measurement.  At first, I did not know what that was, but I learned fast!  Then, during Language Arts, I helped the kindergarten students with a snowman poem and I even learned how to read the word "is"!
While I was with my friends, I ate a banana, cheese sticks, apples, lots of goldfish crackers, granola bars, Cheez-its, applesauce, pretzels, peaches, strawberries, grapes, oranges, a peanut butter sandwich, blueberries, and I drank a lot of water!  I was stuffed!  We all enjoyed our Wellness Wednesday snacks!
I also went to PE with the class!  
We all learned how to do a donkey kick (there was not a REAL donkey in the gymnasium....).  Doing donkey kicks helps to make your arms strong!  We had fun on the balance balls and we learned how to make an "N" shape on the low bar, but my favorite activity was walking on the balance beam!  That's me in the picture!  We also learned all about stretching at the end of class.  I learned some new stretches and we counted together!
I had a great time in Mrs. F's and Mrs. B's classes!  The boys and girls told me that I was a great visitor!
I LOVE Healthy Highway!  I can't wait for my next adventure!
Love, Exercise Ernie