Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Exercise Ernie's Adventure in Mr. P's Class!

Hi everyone,
      I spent this past week in Mr. P's class.  On Monday, the students worked hard on their "courage" writing pieces.  Mrs. S is an amazing writer.  She gave the students a lot of great ideas to improve their writing.  I can't wait to read some of these pieces!  For snack today I ate some sweet clementines.
     On Tuesday, Mr. P reminded all the students that the results for their Science projects were due tomorrow.  I had fun at recess, but some kids were calling me Exercise Ernest, so I politely told them that my name is Exercise Ernie.  It's important that people call you by your real name.  (I learned this during No Name Calling Week!)  Later that day I read over several stories about having courage; some of them brought tears to my eyes......  For snack today I had a yogurt with some granola.
     On Wednesday I looked over some Science project results with Mr. P.  We spent some time talking with students about what they still needed to work on for the next two weeks.  I had a blast at recess; students made sure to call me by my real name.  Later that day for Wellness Wednesday I had some delicious green peppers!
     On Thursday I took pictures of some science projects.  One student in class could not get his fruit powered battery to work, so Mr. P and I sat down and helped him come up with some solutions.  I had grapes and some honey-mint green tea for snack today.
     On Friday we were able to get the fruit powered battery to work.  Mrs. M brought in a volt meter and we were able to test a lemon, a lime, and an orange.  Science is a blast!  At recess I played kickball.  At the end of the day I snacked on some trail mix.
     I spent the weekend at Mr. P's house.  He spent most of the weekend working on report cards.  I spent most of the weekend playing outside with his three goofy dogs!  On Sunday we watched the Super Bowl.  What an awesome game!  Both teams played great, but in the end the Giants were able to pull it off and win.  I can't wait to find out where I am going next!  I LOVE Healthy Highway!
Love, Exercise Ernie