Monday, March 14, 2011

Fitness Frankie's Week in Mrs. S's Class!

Hi everyone,
I had an amazing week at North Park in Mrs. S's class! There is SO MUCH to do at North Park! My friends fed me healthy snacks for Wellness Wednesday! We ate fruit and pretzels. This week I learned all about different sports! The boys and girls in Mrs. S's class "researched" (a pretty big word for a bear, I know, but I am learning more and more every day!) different sports and they taught me about each one! I learned that swimming can improve your heart and lungs. I even went to the pool to watch others swim! They were very careful to keep me dry! I also learned that lacrosse can improve your heart and lungs too! I learned that soccer is a great sport to play with your friends It helps your heart and lungs too! The other sports that I learned about were golf, bicycling, gymnastics, rugby, and baseball! They are making a book, but it is a lot of work, so I will let you know when it is finished! I also got to exercise when I danced with Peter Paul and George of Homespun Dance! They even made up a special song for me! Finally, Friday night I went to a Family Dance Night at North Park. Peter, Paul, and George played music and taught all of the boys and girls and their families how to do many different dances from different countries like China, France, Germany, Ireland, and the United States! George let me sit on his banjo, Paul danced with me, and Peter made up a song for me! What a great group! It was a great week, but I need a nap! I LOVE Healthy Highway! Love, Fitness Frankie