Monday, February 25, 2013

Healthy Hannah's Adventure in Mrs. B's 3rd Grade!

Hi, it's Healthy Hannah once again! I had a lot of fun in Mrs. B's class!  During snack, the nutritionists and I walked around to each student's desk looking for yummy and healthy snacks to eat.  We shared granola bars, sunflower seeds, apples,crackers, fruit salad, and many other nutritional snacks.  I even went to Mrs. B's Super Bowl party and ate vegetables and dip!
     I did many exciting physical activities with the class.  One activity I participated in was gymnastics.  I was able to do a split on the balance beam!  Another activity I got to do was Monkey in the Middle on Fitness Friday!  Even though I'm a bear, I got to be a monkey and did jumping jacks and push-ups!  Have I mentioned the fun in the snow I had?  Our class had an opportunity to go snowshoeing in PE class.  I had my very own snowshoes that were quite hard to get on but we persevered! Everyone helped each other!  I even got to share with my friend Fitness Frankie!  My favorite activity was going sledding!  The third grade classes had a Winter Reading Challenge.  Can you believe every student in the class reached the goal of reading four chapter books in six weeks?  I was so proud of them!  After falling off the sled many times, I had to go inside and sit by the heater to dry off and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows.  YUM!
     I had such a wonderful time with my friends in Mrs. B's class!  I wonder which classroom I am going to visit next?
I LOVE Healthy Highway!
Love, 

Healthy Hannah