Friday, December 28, 2012

Fitness Frankie's Adventure During Winter Workshops!

Hi everyone,
Fitness Frankie on the High Wire!
    I have been so busy!  Even though I have been at North Park for a few years now, the adventures are still new and amazing!  I just got back from visiting Soccer Sal at his school and I met so many new friends!  I will be writing about that soon!  In the meantime, I spent the last day of school before winter vacation enjoying the circus!  Well, it was not a circus with real animals, but it was fantastic!  At North Park, students get to participate in something called Winter Workshops!  They sign up for some really fun activities and spend the whole day learning new things!  It was really terrific!  Mrs. R and Mrs. M offered a circus workshop where students learned how to spin a plate (fortunately not a real one!), walk on the "high wire"(that's me on the high wire in the picture!), use angel sticks and diablos, juggle, balance feathers, and make animal balloons!  It was so much fun!  Mrs. R told the boys and girls that learning these activities takes Perseverance!  I learned that perseverance means that you keep trying even when something is hard, and that if you believe in yourself you can do anything!  You might notice that I have a new jacket on.  Mrs. R got it for me because I am going on an adventure with Miss H and I think I will see some snow on this adventure - at least I hope so!  In any event, I am ready!  I will tell you all about it when I get back!
The adventures never stop!  I LOVE Healthy Highway!
Love, Fitness Frankie