Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fitness Frankie's Weekend with Mrs. G's Family!

Hi everyone,
     Since May is Physical Fitness Month, Mrs. R asked the adults at North Park to take Exercise Ernie and me on some adventures to show the boys and girls that EVERYBODY needs to exercise - not just kids!  I started the month with an amazing adventure with Mrs. G and her family!  They were very busy, and I got to follow them everywhere!  I enjoyed running around at Mrs. G's son's soccer game and I loved the ice pop at the end! (A treat once in a while is ok!)  I went on a run with the family on the Walkway Over the Hudson and I made sure to stay hydrated (that means drink plenty of water...).  On Sunday morning I went with Mrs. G to the gym to exercise.  This is a picture of me on a piece of equipment called "the erg".  I rowed on the erg, went on the elliptical machine (kind of like running in place), and I also made sure to do some strength training to keep my muscles strong!  I had so much fun with Mrs. G's family and they told Mrs. R that they loved having ME!  There are so many more adventures coming up!  Exercise Ernie is having some adventures too and he will tell you all about them soon!  I LOVE Healthy Highway!
Love, Fitness Frankie