Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Exercise Ernie's Memorial Day Weekend Adventure!

Hi everyone,

      I know that Fitness Frankie has been telling you all about his adventures during National Physical Fitness Month, and I am having some terrific adventures too!  This past weekend, Memorial Day weekend, I got to go home with Mrs. W and her family!  We had an amazing time getting to know each other.  I went to the doctor’s office for a check-up.  The doctor was very nice and told me that I was healthy!  She also told us how important it is to eat fruits and vegetables and exercise every day because our bodies need healthy foods and exercise to grow.  I also went to Ballet Class and I learned that it is important to stretch and when you dance you work up a sweat!  You’ll never believe it but I saw one of my North Park friends, at the Dance Center!  He was dancing too!  On Saturday I went to a baseball game with Mrs. W’s son.  I even got to sit in the dugout with the boys!  They told me how important it is to drink lots of fluids during the game so your muscles do not get cramps or become weak.  The boys also tried to convince me that the Yankees were the best baseball team, but I told them that it was the Colorado Rockies!  I AM from Colorado you know!  I had healthy food at a cook-out with the family!  We ate shish kabobs with eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers, and we also had corn on the cob and a green salad.  Watermelon was for dessert – YUMMY!
Memorial Day was very busy because I sang with Mrs. W’s daughter and some middle school students at the Memorial Day Ceremonies.  It was such an honor to be a part of something so meaningful.  It is always important to take time to remember the ones who fought for our freedoms…….Next, we went for a walk on the Walkway Over the Hudson.  I heard Fitness Frankie was there on an adventure too!  I learned that the Walkway is the longest, elevated pedestrian bridge in the world!  It is 212 feet tall and 1.28 miles long.  We walked from Poughkeepsie to Highland and back for a total of 2 and a half miles!  It was very hot that day – 99 degrees, but Mrs. W made sure we had plenty of water and frozen berries to eat!  I had a great time with Mrs. W’s family!  Thank you so much for including me in all of your families’ activities!  I LOVE Healthy Highway!  Love, Exercise Ernie