Monday, May 28, 2012

Fitness Frankie's Memorial Weekend Adventure!

Hi everyone,


I had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend Adventure!  Mrs. R took me home with her and our friends from Indiana were visiting!  I came from Indiana too!  Anyway, our friends were visiting the historic FDR estate and they brought me a new friend!  His name is FDR Bear!  He has a presidential seal because FDR was a President of the United States!  On Friday, Mrs. R's cousins from England came to visit too!  I had met them when we went to London last year!  They were very happy to see me again!  We all went to the Walkway Over the Hudson and had a terrific time!  FDR Bear and I took a break when we got to the other side of the Walkway and we had a drink of water.  It was very hot that day and I learned that it is important to drink lots of water when you exercise.  We went all the way across the Walkway and back for a total of two and a half miles!
On Sunday we went to the Great Sacandaga Lake in the Adirondack Mountains!  It is so beautiful on the lake!  Mrs. R's son and some friends came too and they made healthy choices by playing whiffle ball, football, and catch with a baseball!  That's me in the picture with them!  Guess what?  Mrs. R's son and one of his friends went to North Park when they were kids so they know all about PE at North Park!  On Monday, Mrs. R took FDR Bear and me on a trip on her kayak.  It was a beautiful morning and there were many other kayakers on the lake.  They were all so nice!  One of the kayakers asked Mrs. R if her kayak was built for three.......It is a very long kayak with storage and seating for one, but if you count FDR Bear and me, the kayak held three!!!!  We had a great time and got plenty of exercise!  Exercise Ernie is off on another adventure too!  I wonder if I will hear from him soon?  I have so much to tell him and I want to hear all about his adventures too!  I LOVE Healthy Highway!


Love, Fitness Frankie