Friday, April 20, 2012

Fitness Frankie's Adventure in Mrs. L's Class!

Hi everyone!
     I spent the last two school weeks in Mrs. L's class:  the week before spring recess and the week after.  Boy, have I been busy!
     Before the spring recess, we were getting ready for Jump Rope for Heart.  We made really cool posters that taught us ways to keep our hearts healthy.  During Jump Rope for Heart, I went from station to station with my 1st and 2nd grade friends from Mrs. L's class.  My favorite station was hopscotch.  That's me in the picture!  All of the kids worked really hard.  I was impressed with their jump roping skills!  On Fitness Friday, we went outside with Mrs. B's class.  We all made a "human heart" formation on the playground.  Mrs. L climbed to the top of the slide to take a photo.  The photo helps remind us to always take good care of our hearts.  You can see this picture by clicking here !
     I also attended the school play, Pinocchio, before the spring recess.  On the night of the performance, I was back stage....offering support to everybody before they went on stage.  What a great job all of the actors did!
     I spent the spring recess with Mrs. L and her family.  I went for a three mile walk everyday with Mrs. L.  Her speed and endurance surprised me!  I helped Mr. L rake out the gardens.
     This past week at school was very busy with science activities.  The class did really exciting water activities:  sink and float and waterproofing!
     I must say that I have been very busy these past few weeks.  Everyone took great care of me.  They fed me healthy snacks and made sure that I exercised my body and brain each day.  I wonder where I will go next?
     I LOVE Healthy Highway!
     Love, Fitness Frankie