Friday, April 13, 2012

Fitness Frankie Got Mail!


Hi everyone,
   Guess what?  I got mail!  That’s right!  A box with MY name on it was delivered to Mrs. R!  The box was from North Carolina!  I was so excited and I could not imagine what was inside!  You’ll never guess so I will tell you!   Inside the box were two new friends!  Their names are Federal Phoebe and Federal Freddie and they came from the FBI Academy in Virginia!  Also inside the box was a letter addressed to me explaining why they were sent to me and the boys and girls at North Park!  Federal Phoebe and Federal Freddie have just completed the FBI National Academy and they learned all about physical fitness!  They heard about Healthy Highway from Mrs. R. and so they decided that I would want to know about THEIR adventure!  Their adventure at the FBI Academy included learning about how to exercise and make healthy food choices and each day they worked harder and harder!  They wrote to me about a very challenging obstacle course that they worked very hard to complete during their time at the academy.   It took three months to complete the academy! Guess what?  They actually completed the course and they were presented with a Yellow Brick!  Now, a yellow brick might not seem to be a big deal, but Federal Phoebe and Federal Freddie told me that this brick was VERY special!  This brick was a symbol of many yellow bricks that US Marines left behind to show their fellow Marines the way through the course and anyone who completes the course after working very hard earns one of their own!  They sent me a picture of them with their brick!  Isn't it terrific?  I am VERY proud of them and so happy that they wanted to share their accomplishment with all of the boys and girls at North Park and me!  Wouldn’t it be great if others wanted to share their adventures with me too?  Wait, that gives me an idea!  If you would like to share your adventures with me you can do what Federal Phoebe and Federal Freddie did! Write a letter or send a picture or even send a character to me at North Park! 
My address is: 
Fitness Frankie
C/O North Park Elementary School
PO Box 722
Hyde Park, NY   12538
I can’t wait to see what happens next! 
Love Fitness Frankie