Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Physical Eddie's Adventure with Mrs. R's and Mrs. S's 5th Grade!

Hi everyone,
    Physical Eddie here!  I was taken care of by Mrs. R's and Mrs. S's 5th grade class.  There were many activities I did with the class.  I learned how to multiply and divide fractions, figure out area and volume of rectangular shapes, and even got to play Math Jeopardy as they prepared for the BIG TESTS!
      I was taken to a 5k race where I cheered on Mrs. S and her daughter from the sidelines.  During PE I watched the fifth grade class do yoga, and I even gave the Cobra a try.  Also, I watched while they did the practice PACER test in Physical Education.  I got to be the king when a couple of the girls made a throne for me, King of Fitness!  Once I heard the fifth grade talking about all doing the fitness calendar this month.  I think the fifth grade will complete the calendars!
     I helped the fifth grade class celebrate three birthdays.  It was really exciting.  IBM engineers helped us make contraptions to keep an egg safe; our precious cargo.  I think the IBM's brought this project to show what they do everyday, to make life easier, and that we could consider it as a profession.  By the way, none of the eggs cracked during the experiment, not even "Jeffrey" (some of us named our egg...).  
     Finally, I helped the fifth grade class pick their states for their research reports.  It was really fun to be with the fifth grade team! 
 I LOVE Healthy Highway!  
I wonder which class I will visit next?


Love, 
Physical Eddie